Race Safety Tips for you and your dog:
* Practice over a four-week period leading up to the event so that both you and your dog are properly trained.
* Practice jogs on trails or other locations where people run with their dogs to acclimate your dog to running in a pack with distractions.
* Stay hydrated with water at start/finish and at water stations. Watch for signs of overheating. Water is available for dogs at same stations as for humans.
* Make sure to stop if your dog is lagging behind. Pay close attention to the energy and stress level of your companion.
* Vaccinations must be current.
* Dogs must be on leashes at all times. NO retractable leashes! They are hazardous in a crowd. Regular leashes are available to borrow at dog hospitality table.
* Give both humans and dogs space. Never approach a dog without owners consent.
* This is for fun! Enjoy this bonding time with your four-legged buddy.